University Malaysia of Computer Science and Engineering (UniMy) was established by Malaysia's Ministry of Higher Education as a boutique university devoted to providing a personalised ICT education in a diverse and vibrant community.
The university is designed to develop talented market-ready computing professionals to meet the challenge of advancing Malaysia's economic success in the next decade.
"Despite a large number of IT graduates, the expected supply of graduates specifically in the highly sought-after fields of computer and software engineering until 2020 is only about 10,000, a far cry from the expected demand of 22,000. I am pleased to inform you that UniMy will contribute towards bridging the gap by generating more than 50% of the required number of graduates that can fulfil the industry requirements, both in terms of knowledge relevancy and commercial adaptability to the ever changing demands of the ICT". (Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin, Higher Education Minister - 2012)
Preeminent ICT-focused University.
To enhance human knowledge in computer science and engineering and explore the challenge of integrating it with emerging technology in an interdisciplinary environment, while educating outstanding students to become creative, innovative and responsible members of society.
At UniMy, we are committed to developing the following attributes in our graduates:
- Holistic understanding of computer technology with a high skill level in its practical application.
- Ability to conceive, design and implement software systems using existing technologies; to produce creative solutions for situations where those technologies do not yet exist.
- Ability to work in teams and communicate well with specialists and non-specialists alike in the field of computer technology
- Professional integrity and understanding of ethical issues related to computing technology in today's society.
- Detailed knowledge in at least one advanced area of computer science.
- For graduates contemplating a career in research: experience working in a research group and exposure to knowledge of the moral and ethics of the research community.
Above all else, our students will be equipped with the confidence of having an education that will enable them to keep pace, succeed and thrive in the ever-changing world of computer science.